I don't really know what sort of career I am looking for, but all I know is I somehow want to combine Japanese and Travel.
To many people it seems obvious that learning a language and travel fit together, but I don't just want to become a tour guide, not that there's anything wrong with that occupation, it's just not what I personally see myself doing.
I like the idea of working in a travel agency, helping people to decide where they want to travel to, and telling them about all of the exciting things they could do there. But I think I would find myself wishing I could be the one doing the travelling.... maybe I could get staff discounts ;)Anyway here are some options I am weighing up at the moment...
Whether to study at AUT and combine my Japanese with a major in Travel and Tourism, or to wait until I have finished my degree in Japanese, and then go and study somewhere like the International Travel College of New Zealand.
At ITC, the furthest qualification I could get would be a diploma though.
But the reason I say that it's an option is because I have heard they basically place you in a job as soon as you finish the course.
So there is that guarantee I guess you would call it.
Here's a little information about what the two offer, and what I am looking into-
AUT:

Bachelor of Tourism Studies
Looks at key issues in Tourism, and the New Zealand and Global cultures and dimensions of Tourism. Opportunities for work in the in airline market, both nationally and globally, and in the development of Tourism products.
International Travel College of New Zealand:
International Diploma in Tourism and Travel Management
2 Year Course, offering -
National Diploma in Tourism Level 5
IATA/UFTAA Consultants Diploma
National Certificate in Travel & Tourism Core Skills
National Certificate in Travel Level 3
National Certificate in Travel Level 4
National Certificate in Computing Level 3
Microsoft or University of Cambridge elective qualifications
International Flight Attending Diploma
Images and Research Courtesy of:
No comments:
Post a Comment